Frequently Asked Questions
Friday September 23rd Line-up
Starting @ 7:30 PM
The Root Doctors
Saturday September 24th 2022. The 48th Annual Irmo Okra Strut Parade will be held around 9am. The Grand Marshals will be announced soon! The parade will be located on St. Andrews RD, between Wescott Rd. and Lake Murray BLVD.
Saturday after the parade starting around 10am the Okra Strut festivities will begin in the Irmo Community Park. There will dozens of vendors and exhibitors for you to stop by and participate. Many will have games or free samples as well as items for purchase. Under The Canopy will be another fun spot on Saturday with free crafting activities throughout the day for children and adults alike! Enjoy some shopping of local artists for those early holiday presents. The amusement rides will be up and running and we will have attractions on the big stage all day. These attractions include local performances, Okra Eating Contests and lots more.
Saturday September 24th Lineup
11:00 AM – Irmo Music Academy
12:15 PM – BGR8 Martial Arts
12:30 PM – Kids Okra Eating Contest
12:40 PM – SC Christian Dance School
12:50 PM – Premier Martial Arts
1:05 PM – Brandon Lee Magic Show
1:20 PM – Irmo Theater Company
2:00 PM – Legacy Martial Arts
3:00 PM – Freeway Music of Irmo
After 6:00 PM / OuterEgo
Opening for Corey Smith
-Richland County Hospitality Tax Stage-
10:30-11:30 AM – Conduct the Phil with the South Carolina Philharmonic Orchestra
2:00-2:30 PM – Nursery Road Elementary School Drum Circle
4:00-4:15 PM – Brandon Lee Magic Show
5:00-6:00 PM – Columbia Operatic Laboratory
We heard your complaints and want to make parking easier this year. Parking will be at the following locations:
- Irmo Elementary School Address: 7401 Gibbes St, Irmo, SC 29063
- Union United Methodist Church Address: 7582 Woodrow St, Irmo, SC 29063
- Irmo Community Park: 7473 Church St. Irmo SC 29063Onsite parking.
Entrance cost $20.00 cash only
Open Friday 9/23 from 5:30PM to 11:00PM Saturday open from 9:00AM to 10:00PM
No overnight parking all cars must be removed at end of each day. Subject to ticket and or towing.
No in and out privileges.
Free shuttle is still running from our two other parking locations.
Handicap bus is now picking up from Union United Church
Shuttle Buses will be at each location every 20 mins for pick up and drop off.
The South Carolina Department of Transportation has approved the following roads to be closed for the 2021 Okra Strut:
Friday Sept. 23rd: ***FESTIVAL***
- *Eastview Dr. (between Battery Rd. & Lake Murray Blvd.) 12pm UNTIL 11:30pm
Saturday Sept. 24th: ***PARADE***
The following roads will close at 8:50am, and the parade will start at 9am from Crossroads Middle:
- *St. Andrews Rd. (between Wescott Rd. & Lake Murray Blvd.)
- *Gibbes St. (Entire street)
- *Lexington Ave. (between Gibbes St. & Lake Murray Blvd.)
- *Eastview Dr. (between Battery Rd. & Lake Murray Blvd.) 6am UNTIL 11:30pm
- Church street is one-way entire festival entering into park from Lake Murray, Mosley Street is one-way exiting from park.
-Richland County Hospitality Tax Family Fun Zone-
Friday: 6:00-11:00 PM – Ride-all-night wrist band $20 each. Individual tickets $1 each.
Saturday: 10:30 AM – 10:00 PM – Individual tickets $1 each.
Rides range from 2 to 4 tickets per ride.
- Instant hand sanitizer will be located at each piece of equipment for operators to use.
- Disinfectant spray will be available to event staff for continuous cleaning of their assigned areas and with a focus on “High touch areas”.