Freedom of Information
Our Policy, Request Form, Fee Schedule
The following procedures are to be followed when processing a Freedom of Information request:
- All Freedom of Information request are to be made in writing on the form
- The request form must be date-stamped to ensure the request is handled
according to law.
- The original request must be placed in the FOI notebook.
- The Town Administrator will receive a copy of the request and determine if the request is public. The Town Administrator may consult with the Town Attorney to ensure that the FOI request is reasonable.
- In the absence of the Town Administrator for a period of three working days or longer, FOI request will be directed to the Mayor.
- If the information requested is determined to be public, the Town Administrator will contact the appropriate Department Head and gather the information.
- All copying of documents will be done by Town employees. Charges for photocopying may increase as cost to the Town increase, but initially these cost will be $0.15 per page.
If a search is necessary for production of the requested documents, the first 30 minutes is free. Any additional search time will be $10.00 per hour. If the Town determines that the requestor should be attended while examining the document(s) the charge will be the same as above after the first free 30 minutes.
Requests which require computer time for search or examination or require expert or technical assistance or service, will be evaluated individually and billed at a rate actually reflecting the Town’s cost.
Copies of incident and/or accident reports to which you were a party, are available through the records division of the Irmo Police Department. You may request these reports via telephone; however, you must obtain the report in person during business hours which is Monday- Friday from 8:30am to 5:00pm. You must bring a photo I.D in order to obtain a copy of the report. Please note some reports require a fee to obtain depending on the amount of time needed to research and prepare the requests. You may contact our Records Division at (803) 781-8088 or email email@example.com to make a request. You can also submit a request online.