Freedom of Information
Our Policy, Request Form, Fee Schedule
Section 30-4-30 of the South Carolina Code of Laws provides guidelines as to what can be charged when fulfilling Freedom of Information requests.
The following procedures are to be followed when processing a Freedom of Information request:
- All Freedom of Information requests are to be made in writing by email or on the form
- The request form must be date-stamped to ensure the request is handled
according to law.
- The original request must be placed in the FOI notebook.
- The department head, where the request was made, will receive a copy of the request and determine if the request is public. The Town Administrator or department head may consult with the Town Attorney to ensure that the FOI request is reasonable.
- In the absence of the Town Administrator for a period of three working days or longer, FOI requests will be directed to a department head.
- In the absence of the Chief of Police for a period of three working days or longer, FOI requests will be directed to the Police Captain.
- All copying of documents will be done by Town employees. Charges for photocopying may increase as costs to the Town increase.
- If a search is necessary for production of the requested documents, the first 30 minutes is a reduced flat rate. Any additional search time will be billed per minute.
- Requests which requires computer time for search or examination or require expert or technical assistance or service, will be evaluated individually and billed at a rate actually reflecting the Town’s cost.
$4.00 will be charged for the first 30 minutes of searching, retrieval, reviewing, or redacting of documents and/or media files.
$0.40 will be charged for each additional minute until the searching, retrieval, reviewing, or redacting is completed.
$5.00 will be charged for digital media placed on CD’s or DVD’s. This does not include the fees associated with the searching, reviewing, or redacting associated with making the disc.
$0.10 will be charged for each black & white copy printed.
$0.25 will be charged for each color photo printed.
Copies of incident and/or accident reports are available through the records division at the Irmo Police Department. You may request copies of these reports. The Request an Incident/Accident Report form can be faxed, submitted online or dropped off at the Irmo Police Department located at 1230 Columbia Avenue. Please note that you must obtain the report in person during business hours (Monday – Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm) and must bring a photo I.D TO receive a copy of the report* (Photo I.D is required if you are a victim wanting to receive a “FREE” copy).
*The fee is $4.00 per Incident/Accident Report. CLICK ON THE BELOW TO REQUEST AN INCIDENT/ACCIDENT REPORT ONLINE.
If you have any questions, please call the Irmo Police at (803)781-8088 or email at email@example.com